Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chelsea Ricketts – Madagascar 2010

In 2010, I did a 3-month internship with C3 in Diego Suarez, Madagascar. I chose C3 over all of the other available internships for several reasons: (1) the program has a strong belief in community participation and empowerment, (2) there are opportunities in a variety of areas to do independent projects, and (3) interns are carefully selected and thus highly qualified. While in Madagascar I learned, among many things, how to map sea grass, conduct interviews with local fisherman, and design socioeconomic surveys. My internship has definitely given me an edge against other candidates when applying for work.

Living in Madagascar was an amazing experience. I miss the country, my fellow interns, and my Malagasy friends

No comments:

Post a Comment