Thursday, July 14, 2011

Arabella Bramley – Comoros 2007

I did an internship with C3 in the Comoros in 2007. My experience of working with C3 as an intern was excellent. I wanted to gain some valuable experience to get back into the field of international conservation and the internship allowed me to get involved in planning and managing field work as well as just assisting. Having had some previous experience in working on conservation projects abroad I found that C3 offer so much more than many gap year type volunteering experiences. During my internship with C3 I really came face to face with the realities and challenges of carrying out research and conservation work in a small developing country which really helped to build my confidence as well as experience.


I also had an amazing time on a personal level and found the Comorian people to be incredibly friendly and welcoming. I made some really good friends out there who I am still in touch with now!

I am now a programme manager with WWF-UK managing an EC funded project based in China, India and Vietnam so I’m happy with how my career has progressed and think that the internship certainly contributed significantly to this.

http://c3experiences.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/the-story-of-an-internship-at-c3%E2%80%99s-headquarters-dahab-south-sinai-egypt/#comments

No comments:

Post a Comment