Friday, August 5, 2011

C3 Internship Review – Olivier Raynaud – Madagascar and Comoros 2010


Last year, my master’s degree required a final internship, which accordingly to my school, could focus on any environmental issue. But in order to decide what I truly wanted to do with my life, I desperately needed much more than that; I sought an inspiring, stimulating, and unforgettable experience.
After spending four months with C3 in Madagascar and the Comoros I got it all.
Once in Diego, I was offered to work on a socio-economic study concerning stakeholders of one the most outstanding place I’ve seen; the Nosy Hara Marine Park. Aside from this personal research, I was able to participate in all of C3’s projects and field trips, constantly working with local communities, and I even got to spend a few weeks monitoring turtles in the Comoros. I therefore led my own project, participated in awareness raising campaigns and took part in C3’s research on endangered marine species, while making the most of two beautiful countries and ways of life.
Thanks to C3’s approach to conservation, its amazing local staff, and the quality of the other interns, I turned in a rock-solid master’s thesis, defended it like my own life, and was from then on absolutely certain that my professional occupation would not solely be a means to earn money, but instead a captivating ethical task.
This internship allowed me to discover exceptional places and wonderful people, but moreover, I precisely identified what really gets me going. To cut a long story short, if it was not for C3 I would clearly not be currently working on an atoll right in the middle of the Pacific. So thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment